Thursday, July 5, 2012

Self- Tanner is weight-loss in a bottle. It can take you from a 5 to an 8, if applied right. However, with my upcoming nuptials fast approaching, I've decided it's time to glow from the inside out.


And so my Journey begins...

Cleansing the mind/body: My mindful eating all began after reading Jillian Michael's "Master Your Metabolism". If you have time to read " Fifty Shades of Grey", or you spend at least 30 minutes on facebook each day, you have time to read up on the crap that's in your food.
http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/clean-eating

In an effort to rid my body of everyday toxins that I've ingested (sometimes knowingly, sometimes not) I recently ordered the Standard Process Cleanse. 
It's simple, eat clean, eat often, and exercize. They say you should abstain from caffeine and alcohol, but let's be serious!
http://www.standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=442&filename=/Public/Lit/Miscellaneous/purificationguideL2605.pdf

So far, I feel amazing! I feel light, and clean, and I'm hardly ever hungry. I've dropped 4lbs since Monday but I'm sure that's just water weight and whatever bad attitude I shed since then.

Exercizing the demons: I've always liked working out but I've never been one for group exercize. I think sweating in a room full of other people is awkward, and I swear someone always farts. So imagine my surprise when I recently attended Bikram Yoga and Hot Pilates and LOVED both. I love the fact that I get to sweat my balls off without having to sit next to a bunch of naked asian women in a gym sauna. I really thought the heat would kill me, but if you work out hard enough you totally forget about the 105 degree  temp. I didn't even notice anyone farting.
I recommend:
http://www.vegashot.com/
http://hotpilateslasvegas.com/

When in doubt, have it poked out: It all started with a $300 Groupon Credit. You'd be amazed at what you'll buy when you have a Groupon Credit. My first impulse purchase was 3 sessions of Acupuncture. I've always been interested in Oriental Medicine (don't worry, I think it's PC to say "oriental" in this case). Some people have PMS, I have PMR (premenstural RAGE)---and there's nothing normal about it. Once a month, I feel this little angry ball form in my stomach and I know it's on. I normally spend the next week crying, eating carbs, feeling guilty about eating carbs, yelling at my fiance, and then crying some more. I had read that if done correctly, acupuncture could help relieve symptoms of PMS---SIGN ME UP! It was all very simple, I walked in, she stuck needles all over my body, she left me alone in the room for 30 minutes, then she came back, removed the needles, I tip'd her, and I left. I told myself if nothing else, it was the best 30 minute nap I'd had. Later that night I woke up dripping with sweat--I also had numerous hallucinogenic dreams, BUT I woke up happy! I went back for a follow up session today. I know it must be working, b/c I haven't thrown anything at my fiance since this time last month ;)


***If you're still not digging it, I have a great plastic surgeon and botox "artist" I'd be happy to refer you to***

No comments:

Post a Comment