Saturday, July 14, 2012


An Ode to My Daughter on her 1st Birthday:

--I’m going to tell you you’re beautiful every day for the rest of your life, but this doesn’t get you off the hook. Stay humble, be considerate, and always treat ugly people with kindness.

--Always laugh at yourself, and not at other people’s expense (unless they trip, hahaha)

--I’ll always be here to answer any questions you have---unless it comes to homework, in which case, ask your Dad.

--If you want a tattoo, just wait…I guarantee you when you’re 30 that tweety bird ankle tattoo won’t be as cute as you thought it was at 16. If you HAVE to get a tattoo make sure it reads “BALD” in Old English.
--When, not if, you decide to go gothic for a week, just know that your dad will be pissed. I won’t be mad, I just don’t want to take you to a renaissance fair or shop with you at Hot Topic.
--If you decide to be a stripper make sure you get a cool stage name, like Jasmime, so I can tell everyone you’re a “performer” at Disneyland. Better yet, don’t be a stripper.

--Be careful with tequila. Know how many shots make you want to dance, and how many make you want to take your clothes off…find the balance between the two.
--There’s nothing wrong with being over dramatic---that’s how movie stars are made!

--Eat healthy, take care of your body and find a good self-tanning lotion that doesn’t streak.       
--20 years from now, please tell me that I was a good mom—I’ll need to hear it. And no matter what happens in life, just know that you're my favorite.
Shine on Player!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously so cute. Put this on paper! Like in a mini shutterfly book and add it to the family album! Ha ha I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, perfect! Please read this at her wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you blog?! Wow! I love this! Brought tears to my eyes! You can parent any of my kids any time & forever! I love you miss dani bald!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww ! I might be oversensitive right now , but I hope I can express my feeling with words as you just did when the time comes! Just make sure you back this up so she can read it some day , xoxo

    ReplyDelete