Sunday, August 12, 2012

Airport Do's and Don't. Mostly just DON'T.

When you make the decision to travel via plane you knowingly put your sanity in the hands of thousands of random (mostly annoying) strangers. You also consent to breathing in recirculated body odor for the duration of your flight. I'm not "well-traveled" by any means, but I've been in and out of LAX enough times to have learned my share of Airport Etiquette. Let's review:

1) When flying Southwest plan on lining up numerically. But don't come ask to see my ticket so you can confirm I'M in the right spot. If you're 37 and I'm 38, get in line behind me anyway. Don't be such an overachiever.


2) It's an airport bathroom, if you're curling your hair or brushing your teeth before leaving the airport you probably don't live with your boyfriend yet. Kind of a cute concept, but don't hog the mirror space. I need to see how flat my hair got.


3) When the flight attendant asks you to please finish you drink because we're preparing to land, just finish your drink. This isn't a cocktail party, it's an 8$ "glass" of cheap chardonnay- HAND IT OVER.


4) Don't take your shoes off on a plane. Ever. I'm sure your feet don't smell but the minute I know you took your shoes off I start sniffing around awkwardly.


5) When the flight attendant asks you to turn off your phone, please do. I don't want to die a fiery death b/c you were playing Words With Friends. If you must talk on the phone prior to take off, please mind the TMI because I'm definitely listening.


And last but NEVER least...
6) Personal space---obey it, and if you don't know it, learn it (before you get knocked out).


Peace. Love. First Class.


No comments:

Post a Comment